Carl Collective Student Associate-Video
Carl Collective is looking for a Student Associate to primarily support clients in need of video production services.
The Carl Collective Student Associate position offers Marquette University students a chance to join the team of a first-of-its-kind, student-supported PR, marketing, advertising and communications agency and earn real-world experience with prominent clients. This person will work with other students and Carl Collective/Trozzolo professionals to strategically and tactically support Carl Collective clients, while also supporting efforts to launch, grow and sustain the agency.
Student Associates report to a Student General Manager and the Carl Collective Regional Director, with support and guidance from a Marquette staff advisor.
Student Associates are important positions on the Carl Collective team. They are primarily responsible for tactical account work across the marketing mix, interacting directly with clients to deliver various initiatives. The focus of this position will be strategic video storytelling, from social media shorts to digital and TV ads to longer-form pieces. This position also conducts research and contributes to the strategic planning process. In some cases – depending on experience and demonstrated skills – Student Associates will take on a more strategic account executive role, leading client relationships.
Student Associates must have a thirst for knowledge, an all-in attitude, unparalleled energy and a love of working in teams. They will thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, and have an ability to adeptly handle multiple tasks at once and adapt to changing conditions and needs. They will be coachable, embracing opportunities to develop existing skills and learn new ones.
- Engages in all aspects of video production, including pre-production (planning, writing) production (video shoots and still shoots) and post-production (editing and delivery).
- In doing so, the person in this position:
- Meets with clients.
- Develops client presentations.
- Reports value and results to internal teams and clients.
- Writes service reports and other communication materials.
- On occasion, delivers non-video marketing content, depending on client needs, including writing and editing; digital and social media; advertising; and public and government relations.
- Coordinates teams (creative, digital, media) to complete tactical assignments.
- Contributes to strategy development and conducts research.
- Identifies growth opportunities that could lead to new business.
- Provides support to Carl Collective and account team members.
- Prepares and oversees project budgets.
- Conducts and/or oversees research activities and contributes to insights.
- Actively participates in regular student staff meetings.
- As needed, takes part in outreach efforts to promote the Carl Collective, including taking part in client pitches.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
Pay: $15 per hour
Term: The position begins ASAP, with employment continuing through graduation. As with all positions at the agency, terms are also dependent on client needs, performance and other factors.
Anticipated weekly hours: Varies, based on client needs
Earning of credit hours may be available, in addition to pay
- Students must have demonstrated experience in video production, including a working knowledge of Adobe products.
- Students show submit at least two video work samples, showing something they have shot and/or edited.
- Students must be in good academic standing. Minimum GPA of 2.75 overall and 3.0 in the student’s major is preferred.
- Students studying towards a degree in communications, marketing or a related field are preferred.
- A minimum of one-year relatable internship or experience at an agency is preferred.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Great at time management and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong creative mind.
View All Jobs