Carl Collective Student Freelancers – Video and Photography
Carl Collective is looking for multiple student freelancers to support clients in need of video production services and photography.
These positions offer Marquette University students a chance to work with Carl Collective, a first-of-its-kind, student-powered PR, marketing, advertising and communications agency, earning real-world experience with prominent clients, for pay and potentially class credit. Freelancers will work with other students and professionals from Carl Collective and Trozzolo Communications Group (TCG) – our parent company – to support clients, while also supporting efforts to launch, grow and sustain the agency.
Ideal candidates will have a thirst for knowledge, an all-in attitude, unparalleled energy and a love of working in teams. They will thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, and have an ability to adeptly handle multiple tasks at once and adapt to changing conditions and needs. They will be coachable, embracing opportunities to develop existing skills and learn new ones.
These are important positions providing support to Carl Collective and TCG account team members, with a focus on video and/or photography storytelling. The ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience and interest in both areas, although we will accept candidates specializing in one.
The ideal candidate will support the Carl/TCG team on all aspects of:
- Video production, including preproduction (planning, writing) production (video and still shoots) and postproduction (editing via Adobe, and delivery), according to client specifications.
- Photography, taking high-quality, professional photos in a studio or on location, according to client specifications. Duties include working with the Carl/TCG team and clients to plan photo shoots; setting up backdrops, lighting and equipment to prepare for shoots; directing models and subjects to capture images; editing photos; and selection and delivery of the best images to the client.
Pay: $15 per hour.
Term: The position begins ASAP.
Anticipated weekly hours: Varies, based on client needs.
Earning of credit hours may be available, in addition to pay.
- Students must have demonstrated experience in video production and/or photography, including a working knowledge of editing software such as Adobe, DaVinci Resolve, etc., as well as standard camera gear and audio equipment (which we can provide through Marquette).
- Students should submit their portfolio/work showing multiple projects they have shot and/or edited.
- Students must be in good academic standing. Minimum GPA of 2.75 overall and 3.0 in the student’s major is preferred.
- While this position is open to any Marquette student, students studying toward a Diederich College of Communication degree are preferred.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Great at time management and multitasking.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong creative mind.
View All Jobs